I’ve been wanting to use this blog more, but I’m simply not sure how to go about it. I have so many things I’d like to write about publically, or for the public eye, but how? And who’s interested? So, I’m here to ask for your opinion. What sort of things would you like to read?:
* Art showcases of other artists (sometimes including interviews)
* My own art (well, I think that’s a given)
* More about my methods as an artist.
* Experiences of being a writer/artist with PTSD / touch phobia
* More about the touch phobia (do you know that my ‘outing myself as someone with a touch phobia’ blog post is the most read and searched for blog post on this whole journal? I am constantly shocked by a) how many others must have it and b) how sad it is that my account is so far one of the most comprehensive online.)
* Information about animal totems as I write new essays.
* Writing information, including some of my processes like plotting, my habit of using script-writing methods to plot novels, and so on.
* Issues with being a mentally ill, female artist on Disability.
* TV and media reviews.
* More about my positions as someone very concerned with media analysis, and about to commence a Masters in Media Studies.
* Some other miscellaneous thing that I’ve forgotten, that you’d like to see more of.
I worry that this blog is too unfocused. Much in the same way that people are encouraged to ‘specialise’ in their career (sometimes), I feel as though there is pressure on me to post only about one topic all the time. It’s not who I am. I’m an artist AND a writer, it stands to reason that I’d bring different things to the table here. But I’d still like some input as to what you’d most like to see, so I can start thinking about the kind of trajectory I’d like to set this blog on. After all, I’d like to use it more, it’s just sometimes I think all the things I want to write about are too ‘out of no where!’
Help me, my pretties. My regular and irregular readers. What brought you here? What do you enjoy reading most? What do you think I could write about that I don’t write about now?
See you in the comments!